University Beyond Bars (UBB), whose mission is to provide access to higher education for WA state prisoners, seeks to hire a full-time Program Coordinator (PC) who is well organized and detail oriented, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to the mission of the organization. The PC is responsible for the general administrative, logistical and organizational assistance necessary to support the UBB educational programs at the Monroe Correctional Complex (MCC) in Monroe, WA. The PC works closely with the Program Manager and the Prisoner Advisory Committees (PAC).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Scheduling of all classes at all sites, except for Pell classes
- Responsible for all guest volunteer and sponsor paperwork at all sites
- Key liaison for course support (working with instructors to ensure course materials are delivered)
- Instructor liaison for all classes within primary areas of responsibility
- Primary responsibility for Volunteer Recruitment in the Education Program – educators and sponsors for all sites
- Key contact for all new educators except those for Pell classes
- Participation at PAC meetings at all sites
- Working with TA’s at both sites within primary areas of responsibility
- Primary responsibility for Arts and Lecture Series at both sites
- Works with Program Manager in student administration and advising
- Provides staff support to students in distance learning programs
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Associate’s degree required
- Experience working in a correctional facility preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills; problem solving skills
- Exhibits professionalism and respect towards partners, including prompt communication, follow through, caring and respectful in communications
- Can navigate stressful periods or situations with professionalism and grace.
- A commitment to building and maintaining relationships and networks
- A commitment to supporting the educational progress of incarcerated students.
- A car and the ability to be at Monroe Correctional Complex 3 – 4 days per week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Notes: Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. The PC must become a Department of Corrections volunteer in order to work inside Monroe Correctional Complex. Therefore, the applicant must be able to obtain approval through DOC to work inside the facility and have the ability to maintain DOC training as required by MCC.
This job description is not intended to be, nor should it be considered, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Program Coordinator.
Salary & Benefits
$36,000 - $40,000 / year DOE, plus health insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
To Apply : Please send resume and cover letter to Amy Wasser, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 7, 2018. UBB is an equal opportunity employer.